Wednesday, March 2, 2016

{ Adjournment By Emersyn Vallis }

 ☆.•°*°•.☆Adjournment (The Fate Series)☆.•°*°•.☆

By Emersyn Vallis


 
~ Synopsis ~ 

When I chose to leave home I knew what I was giving up. I knew I was walking away from life as I knew it and the plans that we had made. 
We…us…him and I… 
It’s funny to think of him in a different light…or life. 
That’s what it feels like, a lifetime ago. 
But I’m a different person now. I have rules and goals. And if it wasn’t for my parents' vow renewal I would have successfully evaded him for the rest of my life. This is not by choice, I can tell you that. 
I just need to focus and remember the key to this weekend is avoidance…and alcohol. But if anyone can pull that off it’s me, Sidney Chandler, queen of avoiding anything that will make me feel. 
It’s just one weekend, right? 
One very long weekend with my family…friends…my sisters and me…together, and our nemeses, the McAllister triplets. 
What could possibly go wrong? 
Everything. 
They say you never forget your first love, now just imagine how hard it is to forget your only. 
This is going to suck.


 
~ Review By Within The Pages ~
 

What happens when you make one change in your life? How does it affect everything else that happens from that point on?

In Adjournment, Sydney makes a decision that changes her life and outlook of it. Her heart was broken and she left her friends and family and went out on her own. Fast forward 10 years and fate steps in to bring everyone back together again for a family function.  Sydney is faced again with her feelings for Simon and fate keeps pushing them together.

Sydney and Simon had "run" into each other a few times before their reunion at Sydney's parents but it never ended well.   It was Sydney's goal to just try and stay away from him so she didn't have to face her feelings. Sydney tried to denying the attraction that still existed between herself and Simon while it seemed Simon was just binding his time until he could make his move. The dynamic between the two was electric.

My only qualm with Adjournment was that in the beginning I had a hard time following the story - Not really sure where  Emersyn Vallis was going with it.  I felt like their wasn't much back story on Sydney leaving her family and what caused her to have the outlook on life that she did and pieces were missing. However, I kept on reading and I fell in love with not only Sydney but her family and friends too - especially those McAllister Triplets!  The back and forth pull between Sydney and Simon was powerful and you could feel the tension in the pages as you read.

I ended up truly enjoying Adjournment and need to read the next book!


 
~ Buy Links ~
 
 
 
 
Cheers ~ E & L

No comments:

Post a Comment